Have you been involved in an accident?

Please find your insurance company’s information in the list below, and call their claims department right away.  We have also listed a number of common claims related questions below.  If you have additional questions, you can fill out the claim form on this page, or call us at 800-456-8400.

Frequently asked questions about claims

Q1.      What should  I do if I am in an accident?

A1.       If you are in an accident, you should:

  • Stop your vehicle. If you’re blocking traffic, or the location isn’t safe, move your vehicle to a safe place nearby. The law requires you to stop; failure to do so could result in a ticket or a warrant for your arrest.
  • Make sure everyone is safe. If necessary, call 911 for medical assistance.
  • Never admit fault. The fault of an accident is not always clear and admitting fault when questionable or incorrect may have negative consequences.
  • Exchange contact information. Exchange names, addresses and phone numbers with all parties involved in the accident and with any witnesses present.
  • Get additional information.  Get the license plate numbers, insurance company names and policy numbers for all vehicles involved in the accident.
  • Call the police and let them decide if they should come to the scene. It’s especially important to contact the police if the accident involves injuries, a hit-and-run or a dispute about liability.
  • Cooperate with the police by giving them accident details and answering their questions. Be sure to get the names and phone numbers of any officers on the scene, as well as the number of the police report.
  • Take pictures. If you have a camera with you or on your cell phone, take pictures of the accident location, damage to all the vehicles or property involved and other relevant details of the accident scene.
  • Call a tow company if your vehicle isn’t fit to drive. Get the name, address and phone number of the company. You are responsible for your vehicle and where it’s repaired. You can decline service from unsolicited tow operators who arrive at the scene, and you can choose where your vehicle is towed.
  • Report the incident to your insurance company as soon as possible.

Q2.      How do I report an accident?

A2.       There are two ways:

  • Phone: You can call your insurance company’s claims department (see the list on this page), and a claims adjuster will help you through the process and answer your questions.
  • Online: You can report an accident online on your insurance company’s website (see the list on this page). Many companies offer 24/7 claim reporting services.

Q3.      What if I don’t have all the information?

A3.       Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information when you report the accident. You can fill in details later. The important thing is to report the incident as soon as possible.

Q4.      Where can I check on my claim?

A4.       When you report a claim, you will be assigned a claims adjuster.  To check on you claim, call or email your claims adjuster.  If you require more assistance, please contact our office to speak to an agent.

Q5.      Am I responsible for a deductible or a portion of the claim?

A5.       Your Claims Adjuster will research your policy to determine whether you are required to pay a deductible, and if so, how much.  If you have questions, you can also call our office and talk to an agent.

Q6.      When will someone inspect my damaged vehicle?

A6.       An estimator will inspect your vehicle (or property) as quickly as possible after you report your claim.

Q7.    What happens if my vehicle is a total loss and I do not have comprehensive or collision coverage?

A7.     If you do not have comprehensive or collision coverage, commonly referred to as physical damage coverage, damage to your vehicle is not covered by your policy.

Q8.    After an accident, where should I take my car for repair?

A8.     You can take your car to any repair shop (unless your policy states otherwise). If you don’t have a repair shop, consider using one of your insurance company’s preferred facilities.

Q9.    What do I do if my car is vandalized and something is stolen from my car?

A9.     You should:

  • Call the police as soon as you see your car has been vandalized and/or items have been stolen, and make a report.
  • Report the incident to your insurance company’s claims department as soon as you can. Most likely you’ll find damage to either a window or a lock if the vandals broke into your car, and your Auto policy should cover the damage if the repairs are higher than your deductible, or if you have chosen to getglass deductible waiver coverage.
  • Be prepared to describe the details of the items you lost when filing your claim. Items stolen from your car are usually covered under your Home or Renters insurance.

Q10.    What happens if my windshield needs to be repaired?

A10.     Damaged windshields create unsafe driving conditions. Fortunately, windshield repairs and replacement are covered by most policies when you choose Comprehensive coverage.  If you have chosen a policy with a glass deductible waiver, you are not responsible for your deductible.

Q11.    What should I do immediately after a catastrophe?

A11.     Most importantly, protect yourself and your family. When possible, protect your property from further damage. Then, report the damage as soon as possible.

Q12.    How long will it take to complete my claim after a covered catastrophe?

A12.     The length of the claims process depends on many factors, but the goal of your insurance company’s claims department is to settle your claim as quickly as possible.

All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. In all instances current policy contract language prevails. Products, services and discounts referenced herein are not available in all states or in all underwriting companies. Furthermore, the products and prices of our various Kemper business segments differ. Coverage is subject to individual policyholders meeting the applicable underwriting qualifications and state availability. Other terms, conditions and exclusions may apply.

Find Your Company Information

Access Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 877-353-9838

Claims: 866-747-6931

Hours: 7AM – 6PM

Ace Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 215 640-1000

Claims: 800 433-0385

Alliance United Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 866-530-5500

Claims: 800-508-5833

Hours: 5AM – 9PM

Arrowhead General Ins. Co.


Billing & Support: 800-333-5553

Claims: 800-333-5553

Hours: 9AM – 5PM

Carnegie General Ins. Agency


Billing & Support: 800-233-2442

Claims: 800-233-2442

Hours: 8AM – 4:30PM

CenCal Insurance Srvs.


Billing & Support: 800-937-3965

Claims: 800-999-0107

Hours: 8AM – 12PM & 1PM – 4:30PM

CSE Insurance Group


Billing & Support: 800-282-6848

Claims: 800-282-6848

Foremost Insurance


Billing & Support: 888-888-0080

Claims: 800-274-7865

Hours: 8AM – 5PM

Greenpath Insurance


Billing & Support: 877-789-4742

Claims: 877-789-4742

Hagerty Insurance Agency


Billing & Support: 888-220-9565

Claims: 888-310-8020

Claims Hours: 24/7

Infinity Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 800-782-1020

Claims: 800-334-1661

Hours: 6AM – 9PM, Claims: 24/7

Kemper Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 800-456-0448

Claims: 888-253-7834

Mendota Insurance Co.


Billing & Support: 800-422-0792

Claims: 800-422-0793

Hours: 7AM – 5PM, Claims 24/7

Multi-State Insurance Srvs.


Billing & Support: 661-977-9749

Claims: 661-977-9749

Hours: 8AM – 4:30PM

Pacific Specialty Ins. Co.


Billing & Support: 800-303-5000

Claims: 800-962-1172

Robert Moreno Ins. Srvs.


Billing & Support: 714-738-1383

Claims: 714-921-1153

Safeco Insurance


Billing & Support: 888-723-3260

Claims: 800-332-3226

SCJ Insurance Srvs.


Billing & Support: 925-474-3698

Claims: 925-474-3698

Sterling Casualty Ins. Co.


Billing & Support: 800-949-3274

Claims: 800-272-3922

Hours: M-F 8:15AM – 6PM, Sat 10AM – 3PM



Billing & Support: 800-842-5075

Claims: 800-252-4633